We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
June 14, 2022 The Bank of Canada Museum is honouring two outstanding educators with a new award that recognizes exemplary work in teaching students about the economy.
June 9, 2022 Press conference following the release of the Financial System Review.
June 9, 2022 The Canadian financial system remains resilient, but vulnerabilities have become more complex and risks have grown. The Bank is carefully watching households’ high levels of mortgage debt, as well as the risks associated with a price correction in Canada’s housing market.
June 2, 2022 On June 1, the Bank of Canada decided to increase its policy interest rate by half a percentage point. Speaking the next day, Deputy Governor Paul Beaudry explains why inflation has been higher than expected and what we are doing to get it back to our 2% target.
June 1, 2022 The Bank of Canada today increased its target for the overnight rate to 1?%, with the Bank Rate at 1?% and the deposit rate at 1?%.
- June 9, 2022 Government of Canada Cancels Ultra-Long Bond Issuance
- May 16, 2022 CARR welcomes RBSL’s decision to cease the publication of CDOR after June 28, 2024
- May 11, 2022 Release of the 2021 Bank of Canada FMI Oversight Activities Annual Report
- April 22, 2022 Bank of Canada announces increases to the limit for Securities Repo and Overnight Reverse Repo operations
- April 13, 2022 Bank of Canada provides operational details for quantitative tightening and announces that it will continue to implement monetary policy using a floor system
- June 22, 2022 Fireside Chat: Carolyn Rogers, Senior Deputy Governor
- June 24, 2022 Provincial Holiday
- July 1, 2022 Canada Day
- July 4, 2022 Release: Business Outlook Survey and Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- July 13, 2022 Interest Rate Announcement and Monetary Policy Report